Saturday, January 24, 2009

Wet Common Ground

Today we marched from the Salt Lake City building up to the capitol to show support for the common ground bills. Unfortunately the kids had skiing lessons and so I was alone, but it was a great turnout. Utah's GLBT must be serious about their rights to come out in these numbers, in icy rain.



It always does me good to see such a show of solidarity.

The legislative session starts Monday. As always the gay community is probably in for 45 days of stress--forgive me if I become more grumpy. But, as the public opinion in Utah is on our side on several of these bills, we may see some legislators come around and we may have something to celebrate, come Spring. Stranger things have happened.

3 comments:

Queers United said...

yay i really have you guys in my prayers, all of utah

Craig said...

I'm glad you went. Earlier in the week I was planning on it, but I forgot about it today. I do hope that there will be some positive changes this session.

Scot said...

Thanks Q.U.; we may indeed get something out of this session.

Craig "Earlier in the week I was planning on it, but I forgot about it today."

You know this means I'll be calling to remind you from here on out :-).