Saturday, December 02, 2006

Two Very Different Lists

A:
-A teddy bear that’s brown and tan.
-Two lizards.
“And that’s enough,” he says.

B:
-A red pair of binoculars
-A silver and blue digital camera (must have lcd screen)
-A black guitar
-An X-Box 360
-The new Star Wars Lego game.
-Legos
-Magnets
-A telescope
-A microscope (we have one but he’s only allowed to use mine with my attention :-))
-The Cars game
-Star Wars action figures
-A light saber that’s “real”
-A red cell phone (For those who reflexively wonder about our parenting abilities, no worries: he’s near more likely to get a real light saber than a cell phone :-))

(Why must near everything have a color? It makes it so difficult to shop.)

Now, who’s going to be the happiest on Christmas morning? :-)

Ah, aspiration, what a fickle friend you can be.

But I certainly don’t mean put my little B out as some sort of greedy kid here; he’s far from that. He’ll be happy, but he’s very imaginative when it comes to what he wants, while A is more practical (more like his pop :-)).

In fact the only present under the tree for me right now is an emptied cottage cheese tub with B’s favorite toy whale inside, topped by a book (Yes, I peaked, so sue me; I had to know and when I saw how important to him it was, well, all you fathers know what that does to a man). He had asked me to write my name on a piece of paper and put some tape on it; when I went to see what he was up to I found it affixed to my gift.

They really do give the best gifts.

One can only hope to not disappoint (in the very long run, of course, as there’s no real light saber under our tree :-)).

2 comments:

Loyalist (with defects) said...

I love kids list of things they need. If I could I probably would get everything they ask just cuz I like to see their faces. (except noisy toys - those toys stay at auntie's house) :-)

Last year the my middle child gave me a pink teddy bear (it's very ugly and embarrassing) but I display it proudly in my office. It reminds me of her love for me. Sentimental, I know, but I've never advertised myself as anything different. :-)

Oh, and I would like a real Light Saber too! Thanks.

Scot said...

Sentimental, I know, but I've never advertised myself as anything different. :-)

Hey, it’s an area in which sentimentality is best.

Oh, and I would like a real Light Saber too! Thanks.

If I thought Santa could deliver on that one, I’d have been good all year. :-)