Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Unscathed By Lightning Strike

I know, just in the last post, I said Tuesdays we split up to give the kids one on one time, but last night we broke that tradition for another. We went down to see the lights at the temple, as we do every year. They do a beautiful job, I have since I was a kid, and I look forwards to it each year.



Each time, though, I get this tinge of suspicion that just taking my family there may be disrespectful to the owners. Could I dare ask a sister missionary to snap our picture :-)? I get the same little voice of Ms. Manners in my head when were invited to, say, a Baptist wedding, and I’ve turned down an invitation to visit a mosque for a similar reason. Is that even slimly warranted? I supposed it depends on the owners.

As we approached the temple, A didn’t help.

He said, “Ooo, Papa, look at the castle; it’s very big. Can we go in the castle?”

I just laughed and told him, no, it's closed.

2 comments:

Loyalist (with defects) said...

If its any comfort for even one who goes inside the castle I still have to wonder if it's ok.

the answer that I have is...Yes. To me God's love transends even the narrow minded of us. beside poo-poo to them for such silliness.

By the way, A's comment so excellent. What a cheerful and wonderful outlook. The comment made me smile. :-)

Silus Grok said...

One of my best dates ever was going to Temple Square to watch the lights... he and I refrained from holding hands until we left the square out of deferense to the crowds, but it was wonderful.

* sigh *

It was wonderful to have been somewhere I think is special ( as a believer and a castle-goer ) with someone I thought was special.

: )