So I read this on MoHoHawaii’s blog, and it turned out to be a trap. Now I’m tagged and bound to answer some 56 odd questions. Here goes…
1. Taken a picture completely naked? No, while naked, I’ve never taken a picture.
2. Made out with a friend on your MySpace/Facebook page? What’s this “Facebook”? (Gee I’m getting old…) Regardless, I’ve only made out ("made out"? Is that what the kids say? ;-)) with one man and a handful of luckless girls.
3. Danced in front of your mirror naked? No, I don’t dance, regardless of my clothing.
4. Told a lie? Yes. In fact, this particular answer is a lie.
5. Had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back? Yes, attraction (and anger, indifference, and respect too) but never love, knock on wood.
6. Been arrested? Yes, for bank robb… I mean, um, no.
7. Made out with someone of the same sex? Uh…
8. Seen someone die? No.
9. Slept in until 5pm? Never, and if I ever seem to have slept in to 5pm don’t bother shaking me; you’ve likely just changed your answer to Question 8.
10. Had sex at work? No way; that’d be dangerous for all sorts of reasons. I won’t even eat in my workspace.
11. Fallen asleep at work/school? See #9.
12. Held a snake? Yes.
13. Run a red light? Yes, on my 1st week of driving.
14. Been suspended from school? No.
15. Totaled your car in an accident? No, it was my dad’s car and the other vehicle was a deer, a very big deer coming at me at 55 mph (by my favored point of reference). I think he was drunk, or something.
16. Pole danced? See #3. I can’t even manage a hula-hoop.
17. Smoked? No. Besides a drink about once a week now, I pretty much follow the Word of Wisdom.
18. Been fired from a job? No. I’ve left for my boss’s bigotry, though he never knew I was gay.
19. Sung karaoke? Yes, badly.
20. Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t? I’m sure; this questionnaire, for example.
21. Laughed until a drink came out your nose? Yes.
22. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Yes.
23. Kissed in the rain? Yes, in all sorts of inclement weather.
24. Sung in the shower? Yes, badly, with reverb.
25. Given your private parts a nickname? None of your business, but no.
26. Ever gone out without underwear? Yes, I spent most of my youth on a swim team.
27. Sat on a roof top? Of course; I’ve stood there too.
28. Played chicken? In a car, no. In rhetoric, yes.
29. Been pushed into a pool with all your clothes on? No. Jumped in once to get my niece out, though. It’s one of those family stories that gets retold and retold.
30. Broken a bone? Never one that belonged to me, or my species.
31. Mooned/flashed someone? Sure, but only the one guy, and I eventually made an honest man out of him.
32. Shaved your head? No.
33. Slept naked? Again none of your business, but no, too distracting.
34. Played a prank on someone? Of course.
35. Had a gym membership? Yes, but now I workout at home where no one nags me about my “technique”. Dude, back off.
36. Felt like killing someone? Never to the point of planning. Yet. Okay, sure, I’ve been very angry before, but I don’t have much endurance in my temper. Thinking on it more though, if someone hurt or threatened my kids, I can see that dark ability in me.
37. Made your girlfriend/boyfriend cry? Yes, I had a poor string of girlfriends. Sorry.
38. Cried over someone you were in love with? Yes, I cry quite easily if I think too hard about my family. Heck, I even cry at the Return of the Jedi for the parent-child thing. When Darth Vader tells Luke he saved him, I just can’t contain myself.
39. Had sex more than 10 times in one day? Is that medically possible?
40. Had Mexican jumping beans for pets? No.
41. Been in a band? LOL yes. I was a keyboardist. We were called The Foxes and the Hounds and we played church dances mainly. There’s a tape of us hidden somewhere in my memorabilia; it’s of me singing Elvis’ All Shook Up. It will remain hidden.
42. Subscribed to Maxim? No, but I’ve received a free copy, in a doomed attempt at marketing.
43. Taken more than 10 shots of alcohol? I fear, for my drinking experience, ten shots of alcohol may as well be 10 shots of antifreeze.
44. Shot a gun? Please, I am a Utahn.
45. Had sex today? It’s pretty early in the day yet.
46. Played strip poker? No; Rob isn’t into card games. Maybe we could play strip scrabble? I bet there’s some rules for it already out there on the net.
47. Tripped on mushrooms? I’ve never encountered mushrooms tall or sturdy enough.
48. Donated Blood? I’ve tried to but was turned down because I’m gay. It pissed me off, really. By my sexual history, I’ve about as much chance of having an STD as a lesbian nun chess champion.
49. Video taped yourself having sex? No, but, if I did, I see my porn name would be Lucky Valentine. Cool, huh?
50. Eaten alligator meat? No. But the best cut of meat I’ve ever had was an ostrich fillet. Why is ostrich not at my local supermarket?!
51. Jumped out of an airplane? Nope.
52. Been to more than 10 countries? Does the Epcot Center count?... Yes, either way
53. Wanted to have sex with a platonic friend? Yes, once. It was funny though, after I came out and was dating Rob, this friend told me he had messed around with his gay roommate while in college. He’s a great platonic friend now and I’m just glad we didn’t explore his bisexuality when it could have really hurt me, once he was done experimenting.
54. Shaved yourself bare? No. Shaved my legs once for my swim team, though. How do you women do it?! It took forever and I was itchy for weeks.
55. Dressed in drag? No, but with the huge and glamorous closet my mom has... Well, I’ll just say it’s a waste of a drag gold mine that I’m not a transvestite. Alas.
BONUS: If you could be any celebrity for an entire week, who would it be and why? Oprah, because I’ve always wanted to know what it’d be like to be able to choke someone telekinetically. That, and I know Rob respects her a lot.
Okay, seriously. A whole week? Ummm…
Okay, I’d be Pat Robertson, and I’d spend the week as the biggest queeny flirt on a well-publicized cross country tour of gay bars.
Was that serious? Maybe not. Umm… I don’t know. I don’t want anyone else’s sex, celebrities aren’t really all that powerful, and what use is a grotesque pile of money for just a week? If it came with their abilities too, I suppose I’d pick an artist I like, like Beck or Thom York. Then I'd spend the week frantically creating what I never could otherwise. But if I could be a politician instead, I’d be whoever the US President is at the time, for the obvious reasons.
And now… Ah Ha!! You’ve been trapped too, and by reading this you are contractually obligated to answer these same questions.