Last night Alan and I went to the animated Star Wars movie, The Clone Wars.
Err, boy was that bad. How bad? How can I express this?... Here is a list of five other Star Wars related activities I'd rather have done.
1. Sit through a one man production of Hamlet performed by Jar Jar Binks.
2. Moderate a panel discussion on the Han shot first debate, and its sociological implications.
3. Eat a wamp rat, and they're about 2 meters long, I hear.
4. Sit through a one man production of Hamlet performed by Hayden Christensen.
5. View Sand People pornography.
It was bad.
Brian was wise enough to decide to stay home with his dad, because he said he had read "it has bad reviews". Alan and I should have listened.
Oh, and spoiler alert, as if anyone could harm the plot:
What's worse is that one of the villains, Zero the Hut, was such an over the top gay stereotype: a huge lisping queer slug, tattooed and be-feathered. Following the archetype used in the Lion King, he was the gay uncle out to kill his nephew for political power. Really, in all of the Star Wars univierse, the gay character has to be a Hut? I think I'll work out today.
Anyway, parents beware.