Sunday, February 15, 2009

Okay, Maybe We Did Celebrate

Last night I grilled steaks (and hot dogs) on the back patio as the kids played in the snow. Rob made a blue cheese sauce and some pommes frites to go on top of the steaks, and a great salad. We fed the boys and then jokingly told them to give daddy and papa some time to have our fancy Valentine's day dinner. At that Brian got the idea to be our waiters.

We spent the rest of the meal being waited on by the kids for a change. It was adorable, even if our water was served in little plastic kid's cups and they insisted we needed ketchup to add to the wonderful blue cheese sauce on my steak.

But (and as long as I'm calling fried potato strings pommes frites...) the coup de grace was dessert:
Chocolate covered strawberries... Mmmmm...

Isn't even Brian's "ugly face" cute :-)?

So yeah, then we put the boys to bed and, for not celebrating Saint Valentine's Day, I'd say we did just fine.

3 comments:

Guy said...

Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate Valentine's, actually.

And doesn't everyone but ketchup on their bleu cheese? ;)

Queers United said...

Chocolate covered strawberries! Oh man, sounds like a fun time. It really is easy to make, I should do that more often they are so good.

Scot said...

Guy: "And doesn't everyone but ketchup on their bleu cheese? ;)"

I fear the kids would put ketchup on cereal if we let them.

Q.U. "It really is easy to make, I should do that more often they are so good."

I thought the same thing. It's relatively healthy too, for a dessert.